Saturday, December 23, 2006

son of a gun

Let word be out that if you ever cross path with one Dr Michael Newberry, please help me kick his ass, bitch-slap him and make him return me RM1,000!! That son of a *tut*. This is the story.

He was a tenant at my apartment. Never met him personally but according to my agent friend, he seemed friendly, funny and nice. I was rather indifferent to him but when there had been several delays in rent payments, I wasn't exactly too impressed. Yet the couple of times when he'd call to say that there had been faulty items at the apartment, I was prompt and quick in dealing with and replacing the items. The tenancy was due mid December and as I've sold the place, I needed the apartment vacated by the end of the year. Per normal practice, I gave him over 2 months' notice and he agreed that he would not be renewing the tenancy.

Come December, I'd emailed, sms-d and called him on several ocassions without avail. I was suspicious that something's amiss. This was further affirmed when each time I pass by the apartment at night, the place was in total darkness. Finally when the tenancy's expiry date was up, I decided to knock on the door and find out what's going on.

As it turned out, the bugger had fled! Fled!! And I'm sure of this as I found the car park transducer in the mailbox, a stack of unclaimed mails for the idiot and several unpaid electricity and water bills that had run up to really high amounts. After complaining to the management office and lodging a police report (after consulting my lawyer), I entered the apartment with a set of keys that I'd held on to. The apartment was in a mess but luckily, all the stuff I had there were still intact. Some of his stuff were still there, bits and pieces. Nothing of much value of course. On my 2nd visit there, I realised that his washing machine was also gone. It confirms that it was all premeditated. For RM1,000, the Australian idiot had fled. I'm flabbergasted as to how and why he'd do something like that for a small sum like RM1,000!! Wtf!!

So if you ever meet this Dr Newberry chap, be sure to stay clear away from him. But not before getting my money back for me ok. Oh and bitch-slapping him of course!! The nerve of that asshole!!!

No comments: